lufffluffyhipposlufffluffyhippos

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

Theres a Man in the Woods Theres a Man in the Woods

I don't believe I ever gave a proper review of this the first time I saw it, so I'll go ahead and rectify that now. There are few things that still give me chills and such short animations/stories are usually not one of them. Not to say that they CAN'T they just usually do not give the same satisfaction as a full-length film or novel usually does (take this with a grain of salt, seeing as how this is just personal preference and I HAVE been proven before). That being said, I love how engrossed the audience becomes from the very first scene and how much of a story is told in less than five minutes. The atmosphere is very clearly set and the animation helps to keep the viewer ensnared in the film itself. When I first watched this I had sort of hoped for a bit more story-wise, but then I realized that where it cuts off is actually better. It leaves each individual to imagine their own ending/outcome and gives a much wider spread impact. This is goosebumps worthy and the music, voice acting, storytelling, and animation all came together to deliver an awesome piece. Keep up the good work!

The Reward The Reward

To this day this is still one of my favorite animations. It has a lot of things that people seem to leave out in their work too often, the most important thing being the storytelling. Animation and other art forms alike (sequential, interactive story telling games, you name it) can be drawn beautifully, but if the story falls flat then so does the overall piece itself. Each main character has a well defined silhouette, personality, and unique attitude; how they walk, act, their expressions, etc. I think that the fact that they don't /speak/ but are still able to tell a very distinct story through their actions is A+++++.